Grants & Loans
THIS PROGRAM HAS ENDED AND NO FUNDING AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
Livingston AHC Rehabilitation Program VIII
Livingston AHC Rehabilitation Program VIII is a grant program that helps owners of single family homes pay for necessary repairs to the home. The Livingston AHC Rehabilitation Program VIII operates throughout Livingston County.
- All Program eligibility guidelines will be followed
- Owners of single family homes in Livingston County.
- Household income cannot exceed the following limits:
|Total Gross Income
- Homes must meet Housing Quality Standards at the completion of construction.
TYPE OF ASSISTANCE
- Grants are secured by a soft second mortgage.
AMOUNT OF GRANTS
- The grant will fund up to 100% of the repair costs from HOME funds.
- Maximum grant allowed from AHC funds is $30,000.
- Additional grant funds may be available to assist home owners with a greater percentage of the total rehab cost.
- Total grants maximum is $30,000.
- Payment for eligible repairs
- Inspections and related fees
- Other program eligible costs
ELIGIBLE TYPES OF REPAIRS
- Repair or replacement of major housing systems
- Essential energy related repairs or improvements
- Adaptations to allow use by persons who are disabled or handicapped
- Lead hazard reduction
- Other repairs necessary to meet Housing Quality Standards
- Cosmetic repairs are not eligible
- Homes must be in Livingston County.
PROGRAM AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Home owners will receive assistance with:
- Securing required matching funds if required.
- Inspections of the home to ensure it meets Housing Quality Standards
- Assistance with bidding and the selection of your contractor
- Inspections of the completed repair work
NYS Affordable Housing Corp., and USDA Rural Development Housing Preservation Program
Source of Grants for Livingston AHC Rehabilitation Program VIII
USDA Rural Development
3037 County Road 10
Canandaigua, NY 14424
USDA Rural Development provides loans and grants for qualified home owners whose incomes are lower than those normally accepted by conventional lenders.
Home owners may choose to work with the Community Lender of their choice if bank financing is needed to provide the owner's match. GVRPC staff will also work with the owner to locate matching funds.
Banks located in close proximity to the program area.
Click here for participating list.
Funding for this Home Repair Program is made possible by New York State Affordable Housing Corp.