Grants & Loans
REHABILITATION PROGRAM V
LIVINGSTON HOME REHABILITATION PROGRAM V is a grant program that
helps owners of single family homes pay for necessary repairs to the home.
The Livingston Home Rehabilitation Program V operates throughout
TYPE OF ASSISTANCE
AMOUNT OF GRANTS
- The grant will fund up to 60% of the repair costs from HOME funds.
- Maximum grant allowed from HOME funds is $25,000.
- Additional grant funds may be available to assist home owners with a
greater percentage of the total rehab cost.
- Total grants maximum is $33,000.
- Payment for eligible repairs
- Inspections and related fees
- Other program eligible costs
ELIGIBLE TYPES OF REPAIRS
- Repair or replacement of major housing systems
- Essential energy related repairs or improvements
- Adaptations to allow use by persons who are disabled or handicapped
- Lead hazard reduction
- Other repairs necessary to meet Housing Quality Standards
- Cosmetic repairs are not eligible
- Homes must be in Livingston County.
- GVRPC also administers home repair programs in Genesee County.
PROGRAM AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Home owners will receive assistance with:
- Securing the required matching funds
- Inspections of the home to ensure it meets
Housing Quality Standards
- Assistance with bidding and the selection of your contractor
- Inspections of the completed repair work
NYS Housing Trust Fund Corporation, NYS Division of Housing and Community
Renewal, NYS Affordable Housing Corp., and USDA Rural Development Housing
Source of Grants for Livingston HOME Rehabilitation Program V
USDA Rural Development
3037 County Road 10
Canandaigua, NY 14424
USDA Rural Development provides loans and grants for qualified home owners whose
incomes are lower than those normally accepted by conventional lenders.
Home owners may choose to work with the
Community Lender of their choice if
bank financing is needed to provide the owner’s match. GVRPC staff will
also work with the owner to locate matching funds.
SOFT SECOND MORTGAGE
- An interest free Note and Mortgage, held by GVRPC, must be signed by the home owner to
secure the amount of the grant for five years.
- There are no payments on the Note and Mortgage if the home owner lives in the
home for five years.
- If the home owner chooses to move out of the house before the five year period
is up the grant must be repaid.
- Under certain circumstance the mortgage may be assumed by a
Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Minimum standards that address issues of health, safety and basic structural integrity.
A Program Inspector will make an appointment with the home owner to go through the home
and complete an HQS report. This report becomes the basis of the Inspector’s determination
of work needed to allow the home to meet the Housing Quality Standard. The inspector’s write
up becomes the basis for securing bids from local contractors.
Banks located in close proximity to the program area.
Click here for participating
GVRPC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Housing
Funding for this Home Repair Program is made
possible by New York State Housing Trust Fund Corporation, New York
State Division Of Housing And Community Renewal and
New York State Affordable Housing Corp.